how to pronounce backlash
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
- The jarring or reflex motion caused in badly fitting machinery by irregularities in velocity or a reverse of motion.
- A sudden backward motion.
- A negative reaction, objection or outcry, especially of a violent or abrupt nature.
- The distance through which one part of connected machinery, as a wheel, piston, or screw, can be moved without moving the connected parts, resulting from looseness in fitting or from wear.
- To cause or set off a backlash.
words with pronunciation similar to backlash
The similarity is measured in the number of changed sounds (added, deleted, or replaced) between two transcriptions.
If you believe that there are words that must be on this list, please send us an email.