how to pronounce abbot
how to improve pronunciation of abbot
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of abbot
- The superior or head of an abbey or monastery.
- The pastor and/or administrator of an order, including minor and major orders starting with the minor order of porter.
- A brothel-owner's husband or lover.
- A ponce; a man employed by a prostitute to find clients, and who may also act as a bodyguard or equivalent to a bouncer.
- A layman who received the abbey's revenues, after the closing of the monasteries.
- A surname.