how to pronounce agate
how to improve pronunciation of agate
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of agate
- A tool used by gold-wire drawers, bookbinders, etc.;—so called from the agate fixed in it for burnishing.
- A semi-pellucid, uncrystallized variety of quartz, presenting various tints in the same specimen, with colors delicately arranged in stripes or bands, or blended in clouds.
- The size of type between pearl and nonpareil, standardized as 5+^1⁄2-point.
- A testicle.
- A marble made from agate.
- A diminutive person; so called in allusion to the small figures cut in agate for rings and seals.
- One fourteenth of an inch.
- On the way; agoing.