how to pronounce brood
how to improve pronunciation of brood
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of brood
- The young of any egg-laying creature, especially if produced at the same time.
- Heavy waste in tin and copper ores.
- The young of certain animals, especially a group of young birds or fowl hatched at one time by the same mother.
- The eggs and larvae of social insects such as bees, ants and some wasps, especially when gathered together in special brood chambers or combs within the colony.
- That which is bred or produced; breed; species.
- The children in one family; offspring.
- To keep an egg warm to make it hatch.
- To be bred.
- (typically with about or over) To dwell upon moodily and at length, mainly alone.
- To protect (something that is gradually maturing); to foster.
- Kept or reared for breeding, said of animals.