how to pronounce balm
how to improve pronunciation of balm
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of balm
- Any of a number of other aromatic herbs with a similar citrus-like scent, such as bee balm and horse balm.
- The lemon balm, Melissa officinalis.
- A plant or tree yielding such substance.
- Something soothing.
- Any soothing oil or lotion, especially an aromatic one.
- Any of various aromatic resins exuded from certain plants, especially trees of the genus Commiphora of Africa, Arabia and India and Myroxylon of South America.
- To soothe; to mitigate.
- To anoint with balm, or with anything medicinal.