how to pronounce anvil
how to improve pronunciation of anvil
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of anvil
- The non-moving surface of a micrometer against which the item to be measured is placed.
- A heavy iron block used in the blacksmithing trade as a surface upon which metal can be struck and shaped.
- An incus bone in the middle ear.
- A stone or other hard surface used by a bird for breaking the shells of snails.
- To fashion on an anvil (often used figuratively).