how to pronounce amplitude
how to improve pronunciation of amplitude
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of amplitude
- The measure of something's size, especially in terms of width or breadth; largeness, magnitude.
- The maximum absolute value of some quantity that varies.
- The arc of the horizon between the true east or west point and the center of the sun, or a star, at its rising or setting. At the rising, the amplitude is eastern or ortive: at the setting, it is western, occiduous, or occasive. It is also northern or southern, when north or south of the equator.
- The maximum absolute value of the vertical component of a curve or function, especially one that is periodic.
- The horizontal line which measures the distance to which a projectile is thrown; the range.
- The arc of the horizon between the true east or west point and the foot of the vertical circle passing through any star or object.