how to pronounce alternation
how to improve pronunciation of alternation
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of alternation
- A construct in a regular expression that can match any of several specified subexpressions.
- The "inclusive or" truth function.
- A type of partial truncation of a polygon, polyhedron or tiling in which alternate vertices are removed.
- The reciprocal succession of (normally two) things in time or place; the act of following and being followed by turns; alternate succession, performance, or occurrence.
- A sequence that alternates between positive and negative values; sometimes incorrectly used to mean permutation.
- The response of the congregation speaking alternately with the minister.
- A pattern by which more than one construct is possible, as with "Alice cooked Bob dinner" and "Alice cooked dinner for Bob".