how to pronounce abatement
how to improve pronunciation of abatement
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of abatement
- The action of a person that abates, or without proper authority enters a residence after the death of the owner and before the heir takes possession.
- The amount abated; that which is taken away by way of reduction; deduction; decrease; a rebate or discount allowed; in particular from a tax.
- A mark of dishonor on an escutcheon; any figure added to the coat of arms tending to lower the dignity or station of the bearer.<ref name =WI3/>.
- The reduction of the proceeds of a will, when the debts have not yet been satisfied; the reduction of taxes due.
- The act of abating, or the state of being abated; a lessening, diminution, or reduction; a moderation; removal or putting an end to; the suppression of.