how to improve pronunciation of surfeit
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
press to play an example pronunciation of surfeit.
video examples of surfeit pronunciation
An example use of surfeit in a speech by a native speaker of american english:
“… enjoyed a surfeit an abundance of …”
meanings of surfeit
- To indulge (in something) to excess.
- To make (someone) sick as a result of overconsumption.
- To fill (something) to excess.
- To satisfy (someone's appetite) to excess (both literally and figuratively).
- To feed (someone) to excess (on, upon or with something).
- To overeat or feed to excess (on or upon something).
- To become sick from overindulgence (both literally and figuratively).
- To supply (someone) with something to excess; to disgust (someone) through overabundance.
- An excessive amount of something.
- A sickness or condition caused by overindulgence.
- Disgust caused by excess; satiety.
- Overindulgence in either food or drink; overeating.
words with pronunciation similar to surfeit