how to improve pronunciation of rot
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
press to play an example pronunciation of rot.
video examples of rot pronunciation
An example use of rot in a speech by a native speaker of american english:
“… what see one rot it what the most …”
meanings of rot
- To decline in function or utility.
- To (cause to) deteriorate in any way, as in morals; to corrupt.
- To make putrid; to cause to be wholly or partially decomposed by natural processes.
- To suffer decomposition due to biological action, especially by fungi or bacteria.
- To talk nonsense.
- To expose, as flax, to a process of maceration, etc., for the purpose of separating the fiber; to ret.
- To spend a long period of time (in an unpleasant place).
- Initialism of record of transmission.
- Decaying matter.
- The process of becoming rotten; putrefaction.
- Verbal nonsense.
- Any of several diseases in which breakdown of tissue occurs.
- Abbreviation of refugee Olympics team. (country code for the team).
words with pronunciation similar to rot
words that rhyme with rot