how to pronounce puffer
how to improve pronunciation of puffer
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of puffer
- A Clyde puffer, a kind of small ship.
- A soffietta.
- A train; a locomotive, usually one that is steam-powered.
- A person who gives exaggerated praise to a product, literary work, etc.
- The common, or harbour, porpoise.
- A finite pattern that moves like a spaceship but leaves a trail of debris.
- A manually-operated inhaler.
- Any of several poisonous fish, of the family Tetraodontidae, which have the ability to inflate their bodies when in danger.
- An alchemist; so named from their constant attendance to the bellows of their furnaces.
- A kier used in dyeing.
- Someone or something that puffs.
- A car left idling to warm up, emitting steam from the rear.
- One who is employed by the owner or seller of goods sold at auction to bid up the price; a by-bidder.
- An insulated puffy jacket, such as a down jacket.