how to improve pronunciation of garnish
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
press to play an example pronunciation of garnish.
video examples of garnish pronunciation
An example use of garnish in a speech by a native speaker of american english:
“… like to garnish garnish since you …”
meanings of garnish
- Clothes; garments, especially when showy or decorative.
- Pewter vessels in general.
- A fee; specifically, in English jails, formerly an unauthorized fee demanded from a newcomer by the older prisoners.
- A set of dishes, often pewter, containing a dozen pieces of several types.
- Something set round or upon a dish as an embellishment.
- Something added for embellishment.
- To fit with fetters; to fetter.
- To furnish; to supply.
- To ornament with something placed around it.
- To warn by garnishment; to give notice to.
- To have (money) set aside by court order (particularly for the payment of alleged debts); to garnishee.
- To decorate with ornaments; to adorn; to embellish.
words with pronunciation similar to garnish
words that rhyme with garnish