how to pronounce bootstrap
how to improve pronunciation of bootstrap
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of bootstrap
- The process necessary to compile the tools that will be used to compile the rest of the system or program.
- Any method or instance of estimating properties of an estimator (such as its variance) by measuring those properties when sampling from an approximating distribution.
- A loop (leather or other material) sewn at the side or top rear of a boot to help in pulling the boot on.
- The process by which the operating system of a computer is loaded into its memory.
- A means of advancing oneself or accomplishing something without aid.
- To load the operating system into the memory of a computer. Usually shortened to boot.
- To help (oneself) without the aid of others.
- To compile the tools that will be used to compile the rest of the system or program.
- To employ a bootstrap method.
- To expand or advance an activity or a collection based solely on previous actions, work, findings, etc.