how to pronounce bittersweet
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
- A vine, of the genus Celastrus, having small orange fruit that open to reveal red seeds.
- Any variety of clam in the family Glycymerididae.
- Solanum dulcamara.
- A pinkish-orange color. Any color in between scarlet and orange.
- A variety of apple with a bittersweet taste.
- Of bittersweet color.
- Expressing contrasting emotions of pain and pleasure. The break-up was very bittersweet; they both hurt to end it, but were glad it was over.
- Both bitter and sweet.