how to pronounce auger
how to improve pronunciation of auger
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of auger
- A carpenter's tool for boring holes longer than those bored by a gimlet.
- A tool used to bore holes in the ground, e.g. for fence posts.
- A hollow drill used to take core samples of soil, ice, etc. for scientific study.
- A snake or plumber's snake (plumbing tool).
- To use an auger; to drill a hole using an auger.
- To proceed in the manner of an auger.