how to pronounce attenuate
how to improve pronunciation of attenuate
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of attenuate
- To make thinner, as by physically reshaping, starving, or decaying.
- To weaken.
- To reduce the amplitude of an electrical, radio, or optical signal.
- To become thin or fine; to grow less.
- To rarefy.
- (of a beer) To become less dense as a result of the conversion of sugar to alcohol.
- To reduce in size, force, value, amount, or degree.
- To reduce the virulence of a bacterium or virus.
- Gradually tapering into a petiole-like extension toward the base.