how to pronounce assay
how to improve pronunciation of assay
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of assay
- Examination and determination; test.
- The alloy or metal to be assayed.
- Tested purity or value.
- Trial by danger or by affliction; adventure; risk; hardship; state of being tried.
- The qualitative or quantitative chemical analysis of something.
- Trial, attempt.
- The act or process of ascertaining the proportion of a particular metal in an ore or alloy; especially, the determination of the proportion of gold or silver in bullion or coin.
- To try tasting, as food or drink.
- To affect.
- To attempt (something).
- To test the abilities of (someone) in combat; to fight.
- To try, attempt (to do something).
- To analyze or estimate the composition or value of (a metal, ore etc.).