how to pronounce archetype
how to improve pronunciation of archetype
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of archetype
- An original model of which all other similar concepts, objects, or persons are merely copied, derivative, emulated, or patterned; a prototype.
- A protograph (“original manuscript of a text from which all further copies derive").
- A character, object, or story that is based on a known character, object, or story.
- According to Swiss psychologist Carl Jung: a universal pattern of thought, present in an individual's unconscious, inherited from the past collective experience of humanity.
- An ideal example of something; a quintessence.
- To depict as, model using, or otherwise associate an object or subject with an archetype.