how to pronounce appropriation
how to improve pronunciation of appropriation
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of appropriation
- That which is appropriated.
- Public funds set aside for a specific purpose.
- In church law, the making over of a benefice to an owner who receives the tithes, but is bound to appoint a vicar for the spiritual service of the parish.
- The assimilation of concepts into a governing framework.
- An act or instance of appropriating.
- The use of borrowed elements in the creation of a new work.
- In constitutional law, the principle that supplies granted by parliament are only to be expended for particular objects specified by itself.