how to pronounce antecedent
how to improve pronunciation of antecedent
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of antecedent
- An ancestor.
- The conditional part of a hypothetical proposition, i.e. p \rightarrow q, where p is the antecedent, and q is the consequent.
- Any thing that precedes another thing, especially the cause of the second thing.
- A word, phrase or clause referred to by a pronoun.
- The first term of a ratio, i.e. the term a in the ratio a:b, the other being the consequent.
- Previous principles, conduct, history, etc.
- The first of two subsets of a sequent, consisting of all the sequent's formulae which are valuated as true.
- Earlier, either in time or in order.