how to pronounce adjunct
how to improve pronunciation of adjunct
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of adjunct
- A dispensable phrase in a clause or sentence that amplifies its meaning, such as "for a while" in "I typed for a while".
- A constituent which is both the daughter and the sister of an X-bar.
- A key or scale closely related to another as principal; a relative or attendant key.
- A quality or property of the body or mind, whether natural or acquired, such as colour in the body or judgement in the mind.
- An unmalted grain or grain product that supplements the main mash ingredient.
- An appendage; something attached to something else in a subordinate capacity.
- A person associated with another, usually in a subordinate position; a colleague.
- One of a pair of morphisms which relate to each other through a pair of adjoint functors.
- Connected in a subordinate function.
- Added to a faculty or staff in a secondary position.