how to pronounce accretion
how to improve pronunciation of accretion
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of accretion
- A growing together of parts naturally separate, as of the fingers or toes.
- The adhering of property to something else, by which the owner of one thing becomes possessed of a right to another; generally, gain of land by the washing up of sand or sail from the sea or a river, or by a gradual recession of the water from the usual watermark.
- Something added externally to promote growth the external growth of an item.
- The gradual increase of land by deposition of water-borne sediment.
- The act of increasing, or the matter added, by an accession of parts externally; an extraneous addition.
- The act of increasing by natural growth; especially the increase of organic bodies by the internal accession of parts; organic growth.
- Gain to an heir or legatee; failure of a coheir to the same succession, or a co-legatee of the same thing, to take his share percentage.
- Concretion; coherence of separate particles.