how to pronounce abrupt
how to improve pronunciation of abrupt
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of abrupt
- Broken off. <ref name =SOED/>.
- Suddenly terminating, as if cut off; truncate.
- Having sudden transitions from one subject or state to another; unconnected; disjointed.
- Broken away (from restraint).
- Curt in manner.
- Extremely steep or craggy as if broken up; precipitous.
- Without notice to prepare the mind for the event; sudden; hasty; unceremonious.
- To tear off or asunder.
- To interrupt suddenly.
- Something which is abrupt; an abyss.