how to pronounce abbreviate
how to improve pronunciation of abbreviate
press buttons with phonetic symbols to learn about each sound.
meanings of abbreviate
- To reduce to lower terms, as a fraction.
- To reduce a word or phrase by means of contraction or omission to a shorter recognizable form.
- To make shorter; to shorten (in time); to abridge; to shorten by ending sooner than planned.
- To shorten by omitting parts or details.
- To speak or write in a brief manner.
- Having one part relatively shorter than another or than the ordinary type.
- Abbreviated; abridged; shortened.
- An abridgment.