1. Prepare to produce two actions smoothly with the first being more prominent
2. Open your mouth for about 50%.
3. Relax your lips.
4. Raise the center of your tongue without touching the palate.
5. Push air from lungs while vibrating vocal cords.
6. Break the airflow by touching the point above the alveolar ridge with the tip of your tongue.
7. During the interruption allow some air to pass.
8. Vibrate your vocal cords.
Accent Hero is all about simple steps:
Pick a word
To select a word to practice, use the word buttons in the app
To play an example audio, press the blue play button
To record yourself, press the red record button
To use voice-activated recording, please follow these steps:
Wait for silence
Pronounce the word
Wait for result
To improve your pronunciation, analyze the pitch-and-duration-of-sounds chart
To get help, click the help button
Ready to start?